WHAT TO READ IN DETAIL
- Meade, chapters 7, 9, and 11 (you we not assigned 8 and 10, but they help with the context).
- Berge, chapter 3
- McCann, chapter 2
- Babb, Introduction and the chapter that you read last week (1 or 2)
- Class notes
- Historical context of the sources we have examined between 2/16 and 3/17
TYPES OF QUESTIONS
- Multiple choice.
- Short answer questions.
- True or false with explanation.
- Eg: Getúlio Vargas epitomizes populism in Brazil. (Is it true or false? Explain).
- Eg: Resistance to authoritarian regimes in Latin America was mainly through art.
- Some good strategies to explain why something is true:
- Giving good definitions.
- Providing more examples.
- Providing supporting evidence.
- Explaining the impact of a historical process